Followers

Thursday, November 03, 2005

My baby is getting older (Sigh!).

Well, at 4 and a half, he's not technically a baby and I do have a younger child. But today, I just wanted to curl up on the couch and snuggle him until he fell asleep like we used to do. Sometimes I just look at him and can't believe how absolutely perfect he is. I just want to hold him and keep him close to me forever. I don't want him to get older but I do. I can hardly wait until he comes bounding in the door and tells me about his day at school, but not yet. I can hardly wait for so many wonderful things that I just know he has in store, but for all of them, not yet, not today. In him, I can see a better world and I do not ever want to see the day when I do not. His eyes are so bright and shining and I do not ever want to see the day when they no longer sparkle at the thought of playing in the dirt. So many things that I know he will do and he will be, but not yet, not today - for just today, can he still just be my little boy?

3 comments:

Mary said...

Don't know what the hell that was, but clearly not related to me and mine so please go on about your business, nothing to see here. Thank you.

Karen Bodkin said...

Well welcome to the world of blogging!
Good luck, have fun and be yourself!

Christine Vincent Van Belle said...

Mary! I barely recognized you. You should get back into blog writing again.